Saturday, May 5, 2018

An unstable stable, and never enough scratch, or time. Patreon subscribers, sales, and shares all very much needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

That was yesterday. Fewer such clouds today (by a long shot), but the weather is glorious. It's wonderful to be outside in shorts and a tank top and feel warm for once. I'm ready for summer, and then some.

Today's bad news is the stable. Wings thought he'd climb up there and work on what remains of the overhang roof. Unfortunately, it's been rendered completely unstable, and unsound; there's no repairing it, only tearing it apart and rebuilding it. The main part of the stalls are mostly okay, as far as we can tell right now; I don't think they'll need to be rebuilt too, but we won't know for sure until the job is under way. Unfortunately, that's a looooong way off; we can't afford it right now, and with everything else going on (my health, the house, other stuff, trying to find time for him to build inventory and me to build content), I can't focus on raising funds for that. Unfortunately, too, monsoon season is literally right around the corner, and in recent years, we've had tornadoes touch down around the outskirts of this area; the weather during our rainy season (whether we get much rain or not) is extreme anyway, and moreso now thanks to climate change. So, time and money or not, we're going to have to figure out a way to address this sooner rather than later, and I have no idea how, but it's one more bundle of stress camped out on my chest.

So. Sales, and subscribers, and shares. We needs 'em. Speaking of which, with regard to my Patreon page: I've set my initial monthly goal at $1,000, which will let me pay off our medical bills in just three years, imagine that (yeah, that's sarcasm, but I don't have any other options but this one). That's not $1,000 in the payout, incidentally; probably more like $900, so that means getting it up to somewhere over $1,100 to cover the fees even at this level. And speaking of thatthe third in my current series on my Patreon (this one, for subscribers only), which can be found here. Subscribe at the $25/month level or higher, and you'll be able to read the whole series, plus a whole lot more to come.Thank you, once again, to the folks who have believed in me sufficiently to subscribe already, including my two new subscribers, all of whom collectively have gotten me almost to the 70% mark. 

I am asking folks outright, please: Share the link, and subscribe if you can. Pledges made now through May 31st will not bill until June 1st. But since I have $4K worth of vultures breathing down my neck right now (okay, so it's really more like $24K, and they're getting nasty about it, and yes, this IS the "discounted rate"), I really need to be able to meet this goal and pay off as much as possible as fast as possible. So here are all the links, and the rest is cut-and-paste; please share them:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; another almost $400 for Wings this week);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, as well as labor of a more physical sort, so I need to get to it. Much gratitude to all of you, and please continue to share the links.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

1 comment :

  1. Hope you and Wings are well. We have not talked in a while but you are never far from my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete