Sunday, May 20, 2018

A welcome storm, if it hits. Other storms are still here, of course. Patreon subscribers, sales, and shares all still very much needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

This is what's hovering just southeast of us, only much, much bigger now. I'll still be surprised if we get any rain out of it, but it would be a welcome storm. The earth here is so deathly dry it feels like ash; there's no planting until we get some moisture.

For the moment, things are steady, if overloaded as always. Never enough hours in the day, and a task list that grows by the hour, but Raven is healing nicely, and so are the Trickster Twins. River is here working today, which is a tremendous help to Wings, and that leaves me free to get some things done in indoors for a bit.

Still, the underlying dynamics remain unchanged, including my health issues and the correlating stresses. Sales and Patreon subscribers keep us going (and keep me paying down this massive medical debt load). Speaking of my Patreon, I uploaded a new subscribers-only post last night, here. I'm planning on trying to post another one tonight, but my free time is very iffy at the moment. On another but related front, my first goal is reached: I got that last subscriber (thank you, thank you!) at the $10/month level to hit my minimum goal. In actuality, of course, that's only on paper; I really need about $100 more in subscriptions, because at the $1,000 level, I lose about $100 in fees. So I'm adding in a request for folks please to continue to share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; something over $300 for Wings last week, to say nothing of all my own);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it (at the moment, that which falls into the "general work" category has to come first. Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too, and I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to focus better and get some of this stuff caught up properly.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment