Saturday, May 12, 2018

Trickster pups and pains in the ass (and everywhere else). Subscribers, sales, and shares all very, very badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.


I took that, one of those just-for-the-hell-of-it shots, four days ago. The rug is now a chewed-up mess. Crow escaped the crate last night and did a whirlwind tour of the studio, stopping to pee on the other rug somewhere along the line, natch. The good news is that blue came back this morning and I got her meds into her. We had to pay for hers (since the rescue was only gonna do the spaying, but we couldn't leave her with that kind of pain and risk), but because our vet was kind enough to trade it straight cost-for-cost for the spaying she ultimately didn't need, we paid about 1/3 of what her procedure would normally have cost. Still, we weren't anticipating that right now, which means something else has to wait.

This day . . . . We really, really were depending on River's help, but he called just before he was supposed to be here to say that neither his phone nor his car are working. The upshot is that (with my very occasional help), instead of working in the studio as planned, Wings has spent the whole day building a ProPanel-and-pallet dog run outside for the two tricksters. Coyote is, of course, still emitting pheromones, spaying notwithstanding, and will for another week or so, most likely, and it appears that Crow was going into heat the day of the surgery, too. Since every male dog in the neighborhood is hanging out here now, they have to be blocked in where 1) no one can get at them, and 2) they can't get out, either. This day has been one long pain in the ass.

Pain everywhere else, too. I apparently sprained my right hand and wrist (and I'm a rightie, natch) wrangling the pups on Thursday morning; by Thursday night, the pain had shot all the way up to my right collarbone. I woke up before midnight last night with a massive migraine in addition to the overall body pain (this is all standard AI stuff, standard but made much worse by my cardiorespiratory whatever-it-is). And I have to function, because this stuff has to get done now. All this is by way of saying don't expect me to be good for much of anything for several days. Which would apply now anyway, given that yesterday was one bad marker and tomorrow will be another. The rest is cut-and-paste, because I can barely think, much less form a coherent sentence. 

I can't emphasize this enough; we need to bring in more scratch. We need to make sales; I need to bring in enough beyond that to free up Wings's studio time, of which he's had almost none for months now. I need subscribers to make this work, and I'm nowhere near hitting my first-level goal. It's not going to happen without help. I need folks to share the links. Not many times a day, just, you know, once every day or so. Endorsements and testimonials to the folks in your circles help, too. But I am at the end of my rope on the bills, and the pressure that has been sitting camped out in my chest since early November is now threatening to suffocate me completely. I mean that in literal terms, not figurative ones; the stress is aggravating my health so badly that the pain is a tangible thing. So please, please share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; another almost $400 for Wings this week);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, as well as labor of a more physical sort, and I have to get back on it. Much gratitude to all of you, and please continue to share the links.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment