Thursday, May 3, 2018

Snow in May. Recalcitrant horses; not enough time or resources. Patreon subscribers, sales, and shares all very much needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Finally, some snow. In May. Yeah, I know. Also, just flurries; down here, they melted before they hit the ground (except what little fell overnight). Very cold today; allegedly hitting something like 74 tomorrow.

Exhaustion from last week (well, last . . . whatever, but last week carried special stresses) finally hit us both today, and so we canceled all appointments and everything else, and took it easy. Mostly. Except that Miskwaki came up lame on his left front, so we had to deal with that late today. Turns out it's nothing new; it's a frog issue that we deal with every year around this time, although it's probably aggravated a bit this year by virtue of the too-warm winter/spring, and by the fact that he turned 17 last month, and aging is getting to him just like it is to us. Either way, we've begun treating the issue again, and he'll be okay again before long.

So much to do, so much to pay, so little time and so few resources. 

As I keep saying, we need sales, badly (make enough, and maybe we can hire a couple of things done that will free Wings up to get some studio time again, so he can create more inventory). I also need new subscribers to my Patreon page: I've set my initial monthly goal at $1,000, which will let me pay off our medical bills in just three years, imagine that (yeah, that's sarcasm, but I don't have any other options but this one). Thank you, once again, to the folks who have believed in me sufficiently to subscribe already, including my two new subscribers, all of whom collectively have gotten me almost to the 70% mark. 

Speaking of my Patreon, there's a new post up tonight: It's the first in a series I wrote a few years ago, at a time when I was going through some very specific things; the pond was full all summer, and the water had some equally specific things to say. I've made the first in the series accessible to the public; the remaining ones will be posted, one apiece, over the next seven days or so, and they will be accessible only at the relevant subscription level and above. It's some good writing, if I do say so myself, but you'll have to subscribe at the Thresholds level or above to get the rest. I still need a little more than 30% to make my first-level monthly goal, and I am asking folks outright, please: Share the link, and subscribe if you can. Pledges made now through May 31st will not bill until June 1st. But since I have $4K worth of vultures breathing down my neck right now (okay, so it's really more like $24K, and they're getting nasty about it, and yes, this IS the "discounted rate"), I really need to be able to meet this goal and pay off as much as possible as fast as possible. So here are all the links, and the rest is cut-and-paste; please share them:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; another almost $400 for Wings this week);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
I am thoroughly beat now. Given what's going on in/with my chest, holding a recalcitrant horse hasn't helped much. Especially not once he decided to head-butt me in the chest to try to get me to let him go. [No, it didn't work, and yes, it could've been worse (much worse), but it hurts like holy hell now.] I also have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, so I need to get to it. Much gratitude to all of you, and please continue to share the links.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

1 comment :

  1. yes, that IS some good writing! your patreon is well worth it! ❤️

    ReplyDelete