Thursday, May 31, 2018

About the only I accomplished today was voting. Sales and shares and a lot of new Patreon subscribers badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
I was voter #1,367 at the county clerk's office (Wings was #1,366) . . . over a three-week period. Yeah, some folks voted absentee, etc., but the woman staffing the machine told me this is the slowest she's ever seen it, and she's been doing this for years. So much for people bothering to do anything about the Nazis running this shitshow.

Yeah, I know; I don't do political activism anymore. I don't have the health, time, or frankly money for it anymore. And voting is the absolute least anyone can do. At least we do it. For those who are registered, there's not much excuse for failing to do it (absent, you know, hospitalization or similar, etc.). Especially since a lot of our forebears paid for this right in blood. But . . . ::shrug:: apparently most folks can't be bothered. And we do have some contested primaries: The governor's race matters state-wide, along with the land commissioner's post, as do the sheriff's race and certain local commission and other races here. This doesn't inspire confidence.

It's been a day anyway. Indian Killer Telecom went out, and I lost more than two hours' worth of prime work time just as I sat down to, you know, work. A server problem, allegedly, but it's the same goddamn overload and understructure problem they've had all this time. They're quick enough to cut off your service if you're one day late, but do they reimburse for all their own-fault outages?  Of course not. Much less get rid of that fucking name.

My pain levels haven't receded any, so the outage on top of everything else (including the constant dunning from medical creditors, which is shortening my life by the day under the circumstances) has put me in a mood. It also means that I really don't feel much like talking about any of it. But we need to bring in more income, and I can't do that when this kind of thing keeps happening.

I really need to double my Patreon subscriptions (dollar-wise) to get some of the stress that's also killing me off my shoulders. Sales would help, too; Wings has new earrings in the works, and hopefully I'll be able to post them by the weekend, provided nothing else disrupts everything. Here are the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; something over $300 for Wings last week, to say nothing of all my own);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it (and yes, at the moment, again, that which falls into the "general work" category has to come first). Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too. I'm going to be late with everything, because just breathing is taking up so much time and effort these days that it puts me even more behind than I already am. If I'm lucky, I'll be back later to put something new up on my Patreon for subscribers. Or not. I had a a whole essay in my head, wiped out by more than two hours of battling with our connection. Yeah, I'm crabby.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment