Sunday, May 13, 2018

Apparently, this day will never end. Subscribers, sales, and shares very badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Isn't this damn day over yet?  It gets worse every year.  

So. Since I have no space or place in this day, as the world is so fond of reminding me every fucking minute right now, we spent it taking care of the starving horse down the road and making sure one of the rez kids got some essentials taken care of. Now, there are storm clouds all around that will deliver not a single drop of rain (although there's a raptor in that cloud, or a water bird, or maybe a dragon, depending on your point of view). Raven is downstairs, as wiped out as I am, in his case because he spent the entire day putting himself between the girls' dog run and all the male dogs in the neighborhood (and repeatedly chasing them off, with fangs when needed). Here he is guarding the joint, with KitFox hiding under the sawhorses behind, waiting for an opportunity that's never gonna come:


Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
I'm actually quite proud of Raven. He's finally learning that he doesn't have to go zero to sixty in half a second; there are intermediate stages that work for ejecting the interlopers short of ripping them to shreds. Not all that long ago, he would've been on the latter, but age seems to have mellowed him rather suddenly into a slightly more strategic approach. 

I've got nothing else, save the new Patreon post from earlier today, one of only a few remaining in the current series. I've had very little sleep for weeks now, pain levels remain constant, there is nothing I can do about any of it, and the stressors just keep piling up. The plumbers show up tomorrow to start tearing up their leachfield work. Meanwhile, I have no idea how to pay everything, but then again, half the time I'm not sure I'll keep breathing, either, so it's all relative at this point. Especially after a day like this. So the rest is cut-and-paste, because I'm just . . . done.

I can't emphasize this enough; we need to bring in more scratch. We need to make sales; I need to bring in enough beyond that to free up Wings's studio time, of which he's had almost none for months now. I need subscribers to make this work, and I'm nowhere near hitting my first-level goal. It's not going to happen without help. I need folks to share the links. Not many times a day, just, you know, once every day or so. Endorsements and testimonials to the folks in your circles help, too. But I am at the end of my rope on the bills, and the pressure that has been sitting camped out in my chest since early November is now threatening to suffocate me completely. I mean that in literal terms, not figurative ones; the stress is aggravating my health so badly that the pain is a tangible thing. So please, please share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; something over $300 for Wings this week, to say nothing of all my own);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, as well as labor of a more physical sort, and I have to get back on it. Much gratitude to all of you, and please continue to share the links.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment