Saturday, May 19, 2018

Slow[er] days and dragons. Patreon subscriptions, sales, and shares still needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.

Have a dragon. Or something.

Finally, a [sortakinda] quiet day. Meaning that we're doing all our usual work, but not a lot added on, and no one coming over and disrupting things. Even River couldn't make it, because his Mom needed his help today (she's undergoing chemo). Still, I'm so far behind now that there's no hope of, you know, catching up today or anything. Just a chance not to be pulled in twelve directions every single second.

So everything I said yesterday still applies: Tomorrow, I need to be able to spend some time at work on the writing. All weekend, actually. I haven't been able to do anything the last couple of weeks, on that or anything else, and that has to change. In the meantime, we still need sales, of course; on top of all of the medical bills, we still have to pay the ordinary bills, put gas in the truck, put food on the table, etc. Sales and Patreon subscribers keep us going (and keep me paying down this massive medical debt load). Speaking of my Patreon, on another but related front, my first goal is reached: I got that last subscriber (thank you, thank you!) at the $10/month level to hit my minimum goal. In actuality, of course, that's only on paper; I really need about $100 more in subscriptions, because at the $1,000 level, I lose about $100 in fees. So before I put myself back on my oxygen for the evening (which I have to do momentarily), I'm adding in a request for folks please to continue to share the links:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds);
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount; something over $300 for Wings this week, to say nothing of all my own);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of supplies for half-feral puppies;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
As always, I have more writing, more editing, and more general work to do, and I have to get back on it. Thank you to everyone. I know I owe replies to a bunch of you, and other stuff, too, and I'm hoping that next week I'll be able to focus better and get some of this stuff caught up properly.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment