Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A trickster wind, and facing what's ahead.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.
Snow devil. It was certainly a trickster wind at work yesterday.

If you read yesterday's post, you already know that I got less-than-wonderful news about my scans. I finally got my follow-up scheduled at the very end of the day; I go in Friday afternoon to see about next steps, but they will certainly involve more imaging on a wider scale and with, hopefully, greater specificity. That will entail another trip to Santa Fe and what will undoubtedly be a far bigger cash outlay on the day of the tests.

As I said, I have no idea what the cost is going to be, and we'll have to pay cash up front for it again to be remotely manageable. Beyond that, it all depends on what the new imaging shows. If it's limited to what's already been found, it could be something manageable (or it could be something veery bad). If it's more widespread . . . ? Right now, I just need to hold it together and not think too much about what it could be. I'm having difficulty keeping my mind from racing ahead to all the potentials, but facing what's ahead has to be done, whatever it shows. Meanwhile, all this stuff is piling up fast, so here are the links for sharing (or using, if anyone's so inclined (selling today's featured work would probably take care of a decent chunk of the next imaging round):
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until January 1st for December);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
Good vibes for Raven are still welcome. I could use some, too.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment