Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Tricksters and tows and tests. On living with fear and trying to get beyond it anyway and do the work.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Yeah, who can resist that little trickster face? That's why she owns everything and everyone around here.

Cold here this morning; below zero at dawn, with wind chills below zero until well after the sun was up. The storm has cleared out, though. It's beautiful; we'd almost forgotten what it was like to get a real winter storm here, and the world after, looking so pure and clean. 

The garage is sending a tow truck on Friday; that truck is too big, too old, and too hard to handle without any power to the steering or brakes, and impossible on a tow chain in this weather, so we're having them come and get it. Yeah, it's another cost, but it's cheaper than the risks. My own appointment is tomorrow, and my stress levels are rising by the moment. I don't want the testing (nor the associated costs), but I need it, and even so, I always have to worry about what it might show. More fear that I can't just leave behind or wish away. 

I suppose that makes my workload a saving grace in at least one regard. Yesterday was a heavy workday; I was going mostly nonstop, save for the episode that required to stop everything and hop onto the O2 and pray. A lot. So, yeah, fear is always with me. For now, though, I have a ton of regular work still to get done today, and I need to get to it. Here are the links for sharing (or using, if you're so inclined):
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until January 1st for December);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
Like I said yesterday, we wish everyone a Happy New Year. I'm not going to verbalize any grand resolutions, nor even any wishes not within my control — neither of us is. We both just hope and pray and work for our health and safety, for joy and love, and the possibility that we may all be granted them all.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment