Thursday, January 10, 2019

Storms approaching.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
Not-quite-stormy skies, yesterday afternoon. That's supposed to start tonight and go through tomorrow night, and the clouds have already started moving in from the west. We have other storms approaching now, too.

Today has been . . . infuriating. We took the car in to the tire place bright and early; yes, it's got four new tires. No alignment until Monday, because it turns out that the front end — you know, the same front end we allegedly had fixed last fall — is shot. When I say "front end," especially when I suggest checking both CV joints and tie-rods and even the axel itself, I do NOT mean, "oh, just look at the right CV joint and fix it if needs it and don't even bother looking at anything else." But here we are, and I'm now fucking glad he stood us up on the tow for the truck three days running, because now that truck is going back to the mechanic *I* trust tomorrow. Yeah, the other dude apparently replaced the right CV joint, but didn't check the tie-rods (both shot) or the left CV (boot cracked and flinging grease everywhere). It's cheaper to replace the whole axel, and it has to happen before we go for my imaging next week, so Monday it is, and we're set back yet another $500. 

You know, I really tried to look at this new year thing as an opportunity. I tried to be optimistic about all of it, even the medical stuff that's scaring the hell out of me. but 2019 killed my dog, and that I can't forgive, so fuck this year already. Meanwhile, all this stuff is piling up fast, so here are the links for sharing (or using, if anyone's so inclined):
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until January 1st for December);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
Coyote is in the spirit world now, and this hole in my heart is never going away. Meanwhile, we have to keep going, and I need to get moving, chasing sales to pay for the truck repairs and this avalanche of medical bills.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment