Saturday, January 5, 2019

Good news/bad news.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

One of those good news/bad news kinda weeks, apparently. The good is that I have my imaging appointment scheduled, and the wait is less than two weeks; I've gotten my [thimerosal-free] flu shot; and for the first time in eight years, I have a small scrip for mild pain meds again to keep me off the Ibuprofen. The bad news is . . . legion.

The imaging will cost, of course, even with the cash-on-the-barrelhead discount. Fortunately, this is a different group, far less expensive than one I anticipated having to visit. But we need to replace the tires on the car (all four) before we go down to Santa Fe. Then there's the truck. The garage couldn't pick it up before Monday, so Wings had the guy who used to do some stuff on it come out, and he thinks the head might be cracked. I have no idea how we'll afford that kind of four-figure repair (we can't), so pray that it winds up being nothing more than a couple of bad cylinders, please. Also, Sherm was out to look at the wall damage, and that mess is going to have to be addressed sooner rather than later, and it's probably going to get ugly (not with him; with those who caused it).

My stress levels are off the charts.

I'm also way behind on everything. I've redone the damaged floor, and the whole house stinks, but it's done. I don't feel so hot, between that and the flu shot, but . . . done. And now I have a thousand and one other things to do, including prep for the snow we're supposed to be getting tomorrow, so I better get on it. In the meantime, here are the links for sharing (or using, if you're so inclined):
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until January 1st for December);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
Any good vibes ya got for this imaging showing what needs to be addressed without it being anything deadly would be welcome. Some for ensuring inexpensive repairs to the truck and the wall would help, too.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment