Sunday, January 6, 2019

Sundog and snow. Also flu effects and new financial stresses.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Yesterday's sundog. I hope it's a good omen, because yesterday's events sure as hell weren't.

Guess who's sick? Yup. I got my flu shot the other day, because the rate and severity of the flu in Taos and Santa Fe is double the rest of the state, and the rest of the state is one of four in the country where it's spiked to absurd and deadly levels. The guy who administered it told me that it wasn't as bad for reactions this year. Uh-huh, sure, dude. My throat is sore and red and swollen, I'm hoarse, my chest hurts, my head hurts, my ears are plugged, my whole body aches this morning. But tell me again about the low side effects.

Yesterday was not so good in other ways. The truck is a big issue, and we won't have any solid info before tomorrow or Tuesday. There's this mess with the plumbing and the wall (I fixed the damn tile myself). And as I said, my stress levels are off the charts.

Snow on the way, allegedly. A lot to do today, sick or not. In the meantime, here are the links for sharing (or using, if you're so inclined):
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until January 1st for December);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
Any good vibes ya got for this imaging showing what needs to be addressed without it being anything deadly would be welcome. Some for ensuring inexpensive repairs to the truck and the wall would help, too.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment