Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year. A few changes.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

It's been snowing literally around the clock. This is the first blizzard we've had in years, and this one certainly qualifies; about 18 inches so far since last night, and still coming down. That puts us at around two feet, given what was already packed solid on the ground. Given the drought that so accelerated its impact last year, this is a good way to start off the new year. The mountains haven't been visible all day.

I'm tired of so much from '18. It was an incredibly hard year. I know there are folks who don't understand that, thinking that the house should have taken care of everything, but it's only the start (and honestly, a lot of what has so damaged my health, with a three-year-long sustained effort to just to bring it into being, and seven years in subhuman conditions). I want 2019 to look forward to so many things, most of them to do with health and safety and joy and love. A lot will be abbreviated for the moment while I try to sort out my health issues in the weeks to come, even as I chase sales to keep us afloat. I'll still include all the links, but I'm tired of repeating myself (and mostly to no avail), so that'll be pretty much all at is. I have a ton of regular work still to get done today, so here they are:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until January 1st for December);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
We have a little sun trying to break through the snowfall at the moment. It's going to get down below zero tonight, and probably every night the rest of the week. Meanwhile, we're going to be operating at a pace similar to the holidays; so much to do, and so few hours in the day. I'll be backing off a lot of other things even further, including my online presence, just to get the basics done now.

Happy New Year to everybody. I'm not going to verbalize any grand resolutions, nor even any wishes not within my control. I'm just going to hope and pray and work for our health and safety, for joy and love, and hope that we are all granted them all.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment