Monday, April 15, 2019

Drowning in the flames.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

That was the sky two nights ago. Supposedly a good omen for sailors; for us, beautiful, but not much beyond that. It did make it look as though we inhabited a world on fire, and metaphorically, at least, it certainly feels like it all the time right now.

And if it's possible to drown in that, I'm drowning in the flames right now.

I can't find the words to describe my physical condition in a way that would make anyone else understand it. The fatigue is numbing my brain a little more every day; I can feel my cognitive skills seeping away. I can't sleep; there's no respite from the pain, and the pain is everywhere.

No break from the medical and financial pressures, either. I put off one big bill last week because of the tax thing, but I have no choice but to deal with it this week. And those other bills, the two hospital ones that still amount to $30K specifically, are killing me. I'm breaking under the weight of the financial pressures right now. I have to raise that $30K very fast, because that, too, is coming to a breaking point, and we can't do it without making some very big sales. We also can't do it without help. Here are the links:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until May 1st for April);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, with the kibble back off it, because Wings can't lift the boxes right now with his shoulder;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
Sales, sharing Wings's site (and testimonials, if you got 'em, please) — that's what we need. Also good vibes for Raven for everything to be easy and pain-free and comfortable for him for whatever time he has. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment