Friday, April 12, 2019

Searching for a portal in the storm.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

I keep searching for a portal in the storm. Not a port, but an actual opening, a way through. I haven't found one, and I'm running out of time.

Yesterday began (and, I mistakenly thought, ended) with the horror show that is tax season. We paid out $2K more last night on the installment agreement for last year's tax bill, finally getting that down to beneath two grand. Today, I'll have to spend the day trying to set up a new installment plan to include the more than $7,300 we owe for 2018, with at least a thousand down, plus pay out $1,600 for Q1 2019. We've had this squirreled away for this eventuality, but it will nearly wipe us out. As I said yesterday, I have to keep a little of what we've been saving, set aside in reserve, because . . . well, surgery's still likely. And the hospital bills, all thirty thousand dollars' worth of them, are breaking my spirit and my body too.

The one break in the clouds yesterday came just after noon, when a dear friend, on her way from points north down to Albuquerque, swung by to spend the afternoon with us. That, at least, was a momentary boost to my spirits. The dogs were happy to see her, too.

Unfortunately, neither Wings nor I got any decent sleep last night. The stress would be enough for sleeplessness, but this wasn't that; he's been fighting this bug for two months now, and can't ever seem to shake it fully. He got really sick around ten last night, and we up most of the night as a result. If he's not better by the first of the week, he's going to have to go back to the doctor, because he can't afford to have it turn into pneumonia, as they consigned him to for six freaking months two and a half years ago. And pneumonia is all over the county right now.

Today is going to be a lot of stress, dealing with trying to set up these payment arrangements, fending off the bill collectors for the hospital costs, and maybe eking out a few minutes to try to get hold of the surgeon and found out where my biopsy results stand. I'm breaking under the weight of the financial pressures right now. I have to raise that $30K very fast, because that, too, is coming to a breaking point, and we can't do it without making some very big sales. We also can't do it without help. Here are the links:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until May 1st for April);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, with the kibble back off it, because Wings can't lift the boxes right now with his shoulder;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
Sales, sharing Wings's site (and testimonials, if you got 'em, please) — that's what we need. Also good vibes for Raven for everything to be easy and pain-free and comfortable for him for whatever time he has. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment