Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Hope is hard come by.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

First, a special thanks to certain tweeps (and one in particular) for boosting my thread on Wings's work last night, among other things. We're profoundly grateful.

I finally got a photo of one of the meadowlarks last night; there were, unusually, three of them on different sides of the land, doing their sunset call-and-response. [Most often it's two; one on the east side and one on the west.] They've been remarkably shy this year; it took me forever to find this one, and the other two remained stubbornly hidden. This is a youngster, so maybe they were all siblings, or maybe parents and one offspring. As sick as I was last night (and still am today), hope is hard come by, but maybe their sunny shirts and melodious songs are a sign of better things to come. 

I hope so, because there's been no respite from the health problems, and no break from the medical and financial pressures, either. I put off one big bill last week because of the tax thing, but I have no choice but to deal with it this week. Like, today. Four figures' worth. And those other bills, the two hospital ones that still amount to $30K specifically, are killing me. I'm breaking under the weight of the financial pressures right now. I have to raise that $30K very fast, because that, too, is coming to a breaking point, and we can't do it without making some very big sales. [If we could sell the new concha belt and the butterfly maiden necklace, that would take care of what remains on the heart hospital bill. Then I could focus on the local one with the much higher balance, because they are the ones who are killing me with the stress.] We also can't do it without help. Here are the links:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until May 1st for April);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, with the kibble back off it, because Wings can't lift the boxes right now with his shoulder;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
Sales, sharing Wings's site (and testimonials, if you got 'em, please) — that's what we need. Also good vibes for Raven for everything to be easy and pain-free and comfortable for him for whatever time he has, which is pretty clearly not long. We thought perhaps it might be last night, but he made it very clear that he had decided against that, and so we will support him as long as he chooses to be here. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment