Thursday, April 11, 2019

I can't navigate this storm.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

You know the old saw about "red sky at morning." Well, that was yesterday, but a couple of the storms didn't fully hit until today.

The more literal one has been mostly fury; not much that's tangible beyond a migraine-inducing wind. A few flurries in town this morning; a few more now. Mostly, just brutal, gale-force winds. The metaphorical one concerns why were in town: picking up our taxes and paying the preparer. In addition to the payment I have to make on last year's, which, if I can keep the worst of the migraine at bay just a little longer, I'll do tonight, there's also more than $7,300 for this year (i.e., 2018), and $1,600 for quarterly '19. Which means I have to spend all of tomorrow on the phone with the Tax Man, because I have to set up a payment plan for that big one to add onto the existing one. And even so, we will be close to wiped out (I have to keep a little what we've been saving to set aside in reserve, because . . . well, surgery's still likely).

And the hospital bills, all thirty thousand dollars' worth of them, are breaking my spirit and my body too. I can't navigate this storm; it's killing me.

We can't do it without help. Here are the links:
  • My Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until May 1st for April);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with lots of new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff, with the kibble back off it, because Wings can't lift the boxes right now with his shoulder;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. I've added two or three new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need.
Sales, sharing Wings's site (and testimonials, if you got 'em, please) — that's what we need. Also good vibes for Raven for everything to be easy and pain-free and comfortable for him for whatever time he has. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment