Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Green returned.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Where the last two years were only dead and dying bare branches? So much green returned to us now.

Truly, we thought those stands were gone for good. You can see the bare patches along the sides still, but a month ago? It was ALL bare patches, or, rather, one giant bare patch that flowed in front of that peaks and extended to the slopes of the peak beyond it.

It just goes to show, truly, how little is required to reclaim life for this wounded earth, and yet the colonial world keeps on deliberately killing it instead.

It's exhausting.

We have wild weather again today, more wind than rain, but some of both. We're supposed to have a week's worth of rain ahead, a break of two or three days, and then back to the daily monsoonal pattern again. The one drawback is that our highs are only supposed to be in the low to mid-sixties, which is definitely not summer temperatures here. 

Still. Given the choice, we'll take this every time.

But as I said, the rest of this week and next will be extra busy, despite my own inability to walk properly these days. Wings did finish the two new pairs of earrings yesterday, but I didn't have time to get them posted; that's hopefully for tonight, along with the new necklace. It all depends on how much I get done in the meantime, which is always an open question these days. We had to have the big wheelchair discussion the other night, and he's told me to start researching and pricing them, because if this is what a couple of days of errands involving me being on my feet in lines will do to me, I can't afford to do it anymore. It will, by definition, have to be a power chair, though, because my hands are too bad to wheel myself that way. And it's surreal to me that I'm even considering this, but this is my life now, and this level of damage and the pain that ensues? I cannot be out of commission like this, and I cannot take that kind of pain.

I have lost so much to this damned disease.

And the pressures don't ease off at all, of course. I will still have the truck repairs to pay for if the damned converter ever comes in, and now we need a part for the fridge that no one will ship. So I need to be chasing sales on every front. In the meantime, all the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new priority a replacement for Wings's computer on it and a charging station; and yes, the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          


No comments :

Post a Comment