Monday, May 29, 2023

That feel of the first days of summer.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

It's a beautiful day.  Those we all the clouds we had at midday; there are a few more now, but not many. It's warm, and the air holds that feel of the first days of summer.

You know, that magic from childhood, one of those things you don't notice anymore? That.

It helps that I'm slightly more mobile today. I still won't be doing a full workout; I haven't been able to do any floor work for three days, because I can't bend that knee. If I did somehow manage to get down onto the mat, I'd never be able to get back up. But I can bend it ever so slightly now; every few hours, I feel another click as it moves back closer to where it's actually supposed to be. The swelling from there to my toes has gone down quite a bit today, finally, but that won't disappear completely until the stress fracture in the foot heals anyway, so I'm thinking it's time to dig out my old therapy boots. Now I just have to remember where they are; after I went off the lupus med that was aggravating my plantar's fasciitis so horribly (and my insomnia, and my hypoglycemia), we packed them away somewhere, and of course now I have no idea where that is.

Wings has been incredibly productive all weekend, both on the land and in the studio. I might have a couple of new items to post tonight (or not; he's at work on a commission with a specific deadline at the moment). He's gotten most of the mowing done, and he's hoping to start tilling the main garden plot before the day's out. If so, we might be planting as early as later this week; we'll see. Which means I have to find where my gardening bench is packed, too, because I don't think I'm ever going to be able to kneel in the earth again.

I have lost so much to this damned disease.

And the pressures don't ease off at all, of course. I will still have the truck repairs to pay for if the damned converter ever comes in, and now we need a part for the fridge that no one will ship. So I need to be chasing sales on every front. As always, expect everything to be late; I am truly not functional with this kind of pain, and yet I have to get everything done anyway. In the meantime, all the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new priority a replacement for Wings's computer on it and a charging station; and yes, the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          


No comments :

Post a Comment