Friday, May 26, 2023

Looking forward to three days at home, uninterrupted.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Something arrived in the mail today, and I am so profoundly grateful to every single person who sent me Amazon gift cards to make this happen. We had to pay $130-something to cover it, but after seeing me literally spend twenty minutes wrecking my arthritic hands on one pan a week or so ago, Wings ordered me just to do it and be done with it. I have to get them arranged properly on the hooks still, but I spent enough time washing and drying them just to want to get them hung up for the moment (and yes, I know our vigas are dusty; give me another four hours in every day, and I'll get to them). And no, that's not a wagon wheel; it's a weir wheel. It's the one he used, and his dad before him, upstream to turn the water at the main gate. It's not needed anymore, so it became our pot rack. At any rate, I'm looking forward to cooking and cleanup both being much easier, since I basically cook every single meal. No eating out anymore, since no one in government was willing to do the bare minimum to keep COVID in check, not that we did it much anyway, because it costs too much.

Other than that, it's been a hell of a day, at the end of a hell of a week, and not in a good way on either front. I'm glad it's over, and since it's a holiday weekend, I'm hoping we do not need to go anywhere at all for the next three days. The tourists are already overrunning everything, and of course none of them mask. Then again, if they were the kind of people who mask, they wouldn't be invading Indigenous places in a pandemic anyway. As it is, we're just looking forward to three days at home, uninterrupted (and where it's safe).

Presumably, the catalytic converter will be in sometime next week, so we'll have to deal with that mess again. No word yet, and at some point, we do have to go down to Santa Fe; he needs supplies that he can only buy in person, and we need to pick up a part for the fridge from Lowe's or Home Depot, because I will damned if I'll pay an additional $123 for them to deliver a $119 component on a truck. Regardless, I need to be chasing sales on every front. As always, expect everything to be late; hips, knees, ankles, feet are all very bad right now, and both my hands have decided that they're going to be uncooperative (and extremely painful) too, even more than usual. In the meantime, all the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new priority a replacement for Wings's computer on it and a charging station; and yes, the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          


No comments :

Post a Comment