Thursday, June 22, 2023

More work in progress.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

It's not a good shot, because it doesn't do justice the depth of it (yes, it's currently flat, but the stampwork and texturization are incredible).  More work in progress, probably done in a few days. He's vacillated between buckle, bolo, and bracelet, and I think he might have settled on that last one, but I'm not 100% positive.

All the rest of the work in progress is long-term stuff. I had to go to the doctor today, and I think we have a new treatment plan for some of the ramped-up symptoms that are making my life a misery, keeping me housebound and rarely walking. The problem is that it's all really LONG-term stuff. So I came home with a bunch of supplements  (and a total bill a little shy of $500, paid in full in cash) that work in concert with one of the two new scrips. One I can get locally, fairly cheaply; the other I can get locally at ~$3,400 a pop . . . or $185 from Canada. The drawback with Canada is all the ridiculous hoops the U.S. makes me jump through to get it, all bullshit, which means that it'll be a cool month down the road before I actually have the meds and can begin this particular protocol. It's enraging and demoralizing, but there it is, and there's no way I'm putting us in the poorhouse for four figures when I can get it for $185 somewhere else. Oh, and I'll be shelling out at least a couple hundred more next week for an infusion to try to support my connective tissue/joints. It's looking like an EDS DX might become a thing, after all these decades of being told it was nothing.

And, obviously, all the walking around today has made walking almost impossible by tonight. It's also what's made everything late today, and probably more of the same tomorrow, since I have to deal with international shipping (to Canada, FFS) then. I just want a few days not to have to go anywhere, because my pain levels are off the charts, but no.

Also, I'm going to have to keep bringing in regular sales to support all this nonsense. We're okay at the moment, but that's predicated on the assumption of consistent sales fr the second half of this year. There's a lot of new work on the site already, and Wings has more silverwork and gemstone bead items in rotation, too. All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.               

No comments :

Post a Comment