Saturday, June 3, 2023

Nature is healing, but it needs some help these days.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Look at all this green!  That's in the burn scar at the top of the southeast ridgeline.  I shot that an hour or so ago; it's what a season of good early rains will do. But it's taken a full generation to do it — twenty years exactly.

Nature is healing, but it needs some help these days.

Massive pouring rain yesterday while we were out, plus two or three gentler storms thereafter (or four; I can't remember). We've only had sprinkles so far today, but I suspect it will be real rain again late in the day.

I survived yesterday's errands without further dislocation to either knee, but it did aggravate the dislocations in both feet, and thus also aggravated the stress fracture in my left foot. It's so infuriating not to be able to walk normally, and to know, also, that everyone looks at me and think I'm fine. Other than, of course, the Kolonizer Karens at the grocery store yesterday, one of whom looked me right in the eye and at my cane, and deliberately refused to move her cart so I could get through.

So they lost some sales on everything I was going to buy at the meat counter. Because sometimes, I'll be in the mood to finish the shit some Karen starts, but sometimes, I'm NOT interested in justifying my humanity yet again, and that was yesterday. So I just gimped around the other direction and left. Not that she or the store would give a shit, but I don't owe begging to anyone, and they will die a cold hard death in a frozen hell before I do it. 

And I have so much to do here this weekend, it's ridiculous. The pressures don't ease off at all, of course. I will still have the truck repairs to pay for if the damned converter ever comes in, and now we need a part for the fridge that no one will ship. So I need to be chasing sales on every front. Last night, did post those two new pairs of earrings and the new necklace (it's extraordinary, and you want to see it, believe me). In the meantime, all the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (current priority still the Zero-Odor sprays, because these days we're back to wet dogs again; and the liquid soaps, which we can't get locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          


No comments :

Post a Comment